Current Loss Totals and Destruction Report
THE HORRIFIC GAS EXPLOSION AND FIRE that struck the city of Allentown, Pennsylvania, Wednesday night into Thursday morning has left a record of high damages and fatalities. (See initial Firegeezer report HERE.)
The Morning Call
As of this morning, the amount of destruction includes:
* Five fatalities. The victims include a 70-yr.-old man, two women ages 69 and 74, a 16-yr.-old girl, and a 4-month-old infant.
* Eight homes completely destroyed, two from the initial explosion and 6 that burned down.
* Forty-seven homes/structures damaged in varying degrees.
* At least 300 people evacuated during the emergency. The local newspaper reports that as many as 600 were evacuated.
* One firefighter had minor injuries.
AlertPage has posted the complete fireground radio traffic for the first two hours of the incident HERE.