Sunday Morning – Expo Week Begins
If you've been scanning the Upcoming Events posting each Wednesday, you may have noticed the announcement for the South Atlantic Fire Service Expo that is held each year in conjunction with the North Carolina Fire Chiefs Association annual conference in August. This event has been growing in popularity and attendance steadily since they moved the event to Raleigh, the state capital, about three years ago.
They put on a good program each year and one of their events is a fire department parade held on Saturday, the last day of the conference. The parade entries include modern fire apparatus, antiques, pipe bands, and honor guards. The organizers have asked us to pass along to everybody that registration for parade units is now open and if you have a vehicle or represent one of the marching groups, you are encouraged to sign up now. You can get more information and begin the registration process online by CLICKING HERE. Raleigh is a friendly city and I know you will enjoy your visit, so check it out. Thanks.
* * * * *
Speaking of Expo's, the GeezerGang is packing up our booth furnishings and banners, and getting ready to head up to Baltimore for the big Firehouse Expo at the Baltimore Convention Center that begins on Tuesday. The Exhibit Hall opens Thursday morning and will be open on Friday and Saturday when the show concludes. If you're planning on attending, or perhaps thinking about it, then don't forget to register online before you go and if you follow these simple directions, you can get into the Exhibit Hall for FREE, courtesy of Firegeezer:
1) Go this webpage: https://www.xpressreg.net/register/fire071/reginfo.asp?st=&o=85867&pc=&iq=&aban=
2) Fill out first two parts of Step 1, then in the Promo Code box enter: EX79
3) When you get to Step 3, click on Exhibit Hall Only. If you entered the Promo Code in Step 1, the fee will be showing $0 (watch out for the automatic subscription to the magazine just below. You have to de-select it or you're stuck with a subscription.)
4) Finish out the registration form. You will pick up your badge at the Expo registration counter.
5) Last step: Be sure to stop by Booth #743 and say hello!
The booth is empty now, but the whole gang along with theSTATter911 folks and the
Firefighter Netcast crew will be set up at the opening ceremony on Thursday morning.
Well, we'd better get this emergency equipment checked out first before we start loading up, so while you get started on that, I'll get a fresh pot of coffee going in the Bunn-O-Matic. See you back in the day room in a little while…..Sunday routine today.
* * * * * * *