FIRST ARRIVING NETWORK
First Arriving Network
Powered by the First Arriving Network,Reaching 1M+ First Responders Worldwide

Self-Exterminating Season is Here

First Bug-Out Burn-Out of the Season

A SURE SIGN THAT SPRING IS COMING SOON is the year's first DIY home exterminating burnout.  It took place last Saturday night around 9:30 pm in Colerain Township, Ohio, in the Cincinnati area. A man, whose family was living in a 2nd-floor apartment, decided to get rid of a bedbug infestation by spraying the mattress with isopropyl alcohol.  After completing his tiring task, he sat down for a smoke while forgetting to ventilate the bedroom first.  When he struck a light he also struck the lingering aerosol and ignited the bedbugs, bedroom and everything else.

Colerain Twp. FD photo

When the FD arrived they found fire showing from the bedroom window.  With the assistance of two mutual aid companies they had the fire knocked down in 20 minutes.  The family of six is now seeking other living quarters after doing $30,000 in damage to their most recent abode.

WLWT-TV Ch. 5 provided this video report:

 

WOIO-TV has the story and additional video HERE.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Comments - Add Yours