A more permanent recognition
While Bill is temporarily away from the keyboard, I want to float an idea to get a portion of a neighborhood road named after his blog.
Virginia naming rights
The General Assembly approved the concept of selling naming rights to public roads.
Liz Essley covered this development for the Washington Examiner:
Drive it, buy it, name it Virginia is preparing to sell naming rights for its roads and bridges.
Costs will vary, but proposals include:
- Major interstates like I-95: $200,000 in urban areas, $75,000 in rural
- Primary Roads like Glebe Road in Arlington: $20,000 to $50,000
- Secondary Roads like Burke Centre Parkway in Fairfax: $5,000 to $17,500
- Tunnels and a ferry: $3.1 million total
- 25 interchanges: $19 million total
from the March 17 "Name a Virginia road for $5,000 to $200,000"
We may get a bigger bang for our money if we name a road in Roanoke (!!)
Or maybe a small road near the Seven Corners fire station in Falls Church.
Who knew so many fireems bloggers lived in Virginia!
Just thinking ….
Mike "FossilMedic" Ward