First Arriving Network
First Arriving Network
BROWSE ALL SITES | TODAY'S POSTS | ADVERTISE | JOIN / CONTACT

Turkey Fryer Update

They're Baaaack!

*  *  *

CRYSTAL LAKE, ILLINOIS, FIREFIGHTERS responded to garage on fire Thursday afternoon where they found fire showing in the structure.  WMAQ-TV Ch. 5 Chicago reports:

Firefighters were called to the home in the 700 block of Windsor Drive just after noon Thursday, and the blaze was under control by 12:20 p.m.

No injuries were reported, but the damage to the home was estimated at about $80,000.

Niles Patch / Price

The fire remains under investigation. Fire officials said the preliminary cause of the blaze was someone frying a turkey in the garage.

*  *  *

A JOHNSTOWN, PENNSYLVANIA, HOME HAD some damage Thursday caused by a turkey fryer.  The Tribune-Democrat reports:

The incident was reported to the Johnstown Fire Department at 12:26 p.m.

Either splashing grease or faulty equipment caused the accidental fire, Assistant Chief Bob Statler said. The flames spread to a wooden deck and nearby brush. Some house siding received minimal damage, he said.

*  *  *

A LAUREL, MARYLAND, HOME WAS HEAVILY damaged Wednesday night when a turkey fryer caught the rear deck on fire.  WUSA-TV tells us:

Prince George’s County firefighters responded to a fire on Prince George St. in Laurel around 11 p.m. on Wednesday when a two-story home caught fire from the cooking accident, according to 9 News Now.

The fire began on the exterior from the deck then spread to the rest of the home.

The family was displaced from the home after an estimated $100,000 in damage.

Laurel Patch

WMAR-TV Ch. 2 Baltimore filed this video report:

 

 

*  *  *

Mark Donovan tells us that William Shatner really misses his turkey fryer:

 

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Turkey Fryer Updates are a regular feature during the months of November and December on Firegeezer.  Watch for more to come.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Comments - Add Yours