FIRST ARRIVING NETWORK
First Arriving Network
Powered by the First Arriving Network, Reaching 1M+ First Responders Worldwide

Firefighter Responds to Fatal Fire At His Own House

Two Youngest Children Perish

A FIREFIGHTER IN KOZAKLI, Turkey, was on duty when a call for a house fire came in for his own residence.  His wife and three children were at home at the time, but the two youngest children died in the mid-morning blaze that was reported around 9 am.

Haber 7

The Hurriyet Daily News reported:

Durak Sola said he had gone to work as usual at 08.30 a.m. when a colleague told him that his house was burning. "I came to put out the fire in my own house but it had already burned. I could not save two of my children, I collected both of their bodies," said Sola, adding that he did not know how the fire broke out.

Firefighter Sola  (Haber 7)

Sola said the fire started in the bedroom that was situated right next to the room where both of his deceased children had been playing on the computer. He said his children were not burned to death but had been poisoned by the smoke, whereas his wife and 12-year-old son had escaped the house as they were watching TV in a room that was close to the door leading outside.

Sola said he entered the room where his two children were by breaking the window glass. He explained that the children were lying inside the water the fire brigade had sprayed to put out the flames. "I took my children out of the water with my own hands. They were both alive in my arms when I pulled them out. They died on the way to the hospital," Sola said.

The two boys who died were ages 3 and 6.  The fire had started in another room from where the residents were, but it was not immediately known what caused it.

The two young victims  (DHA photo)

Haber7 has more HERE.
Dogan News Agency has MORE.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Comments - Add Yours

  • http://firehousezen.com/ Mick Mayers

    So incredibly heartbreaking. We will keep this brother and his family in our prayers. I can’t even imagine how terrible that must be.